Aviation handling, also known as ground handling, refers to the wide range of services provided to facilitate an aircraft flight or aircraft ground repositioning, preparation for and upon conclusion of a flight which will include both customer service and ramp service functions.
1. Aircraft marshalling: Guiding the aircraft to its parking stand using hand signals or batons.
2. Baggage handling: Loading and unloading of passenger baggage.
3. Passenger check-in and boarding: Assisting passengers with check-in procedures and boarding the aircraft.
4. Aircraft servicing: Refueling, cleaning, and maintenance.
5. Catering: Loading meals and beverages for passengers.
6. Cargo handling: Loading and unloading of cargo.
7. Ramp services: Includes all services around the aircraft during its time on the ground.
These services collectively ensure that flights run on time and passengers have a smooth journey.